Dear Marios,
yes the SMP saddle is not compatible with Bianchi bike
best regards, Laura
LAURA ROSSONI
Export Sales Dept.

ME:
Good afternoon Laura,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Please explain me the "fork" because I am not familiar with this word.
Do you mean the seatpost?
2)So this means that SMP SADDLES with steel rails also are not compatible with Bianchi bikes or just the ones with carbon rails?
Because other Bianchi bikers in the bikesforum.net already use SMP saddles with steel rails and don't face any problems, so I was considering on replacing the carbon rail SMP with a steel rail SMP!!!
Thanks
Marios

BIANCHI:
Dear Mario,
As per my collegue reply the problem is the SMP saddle has a different position of the fork than the other saddles, for that reason it not possible put this saddle on our seatpost
Please see the link below
Bianchi - More than 125 years of history, international leadership
best regards, Laura
LAURA ROSSONI
Export Sales Dept.

ME:
Hello again from Greece,
Yesterday I have received the following email from SMP (I have asked them the same question about Bianchi & SMP):

Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:28 PM
Subject: R: Seatpost Clamp suitable for BIANCHI XR & SMP FORMA CRB
Hi Mr. Marios,
With regard to the section of the frame of the seat, the stainless steel or the like our saddles Pipe Stainless Steel Aisi 304 have a normal diameter 7.0 mm / 7.1 while those in carbon fiber have a section oval and measure mm . 9.3 / 9.7 and in some cases also in the vertical and 9.9 mm. 7.7 / 7.9 in horizontal; jaws that clamp the seat post so they must meet this requirement by Selle SMP, and also for all other manufacturers of saddles Italian; the extent of 7.7 / 7.9 is given by the inevitable thickness of transparent paint that is given to carbon fiber and inevitably also to the two cheeks semicircular protection / reinforcement and from the final deep drawing which is given to grips same and that, compared to the diameter, out of a few tenths of a millimeter.
If we want to better describe, in fact, the section is given by two sections of semicircles of diameter 7.0 mm with a rectangle in the middle section of 7.0 to 2.5 mm thick.
Seing the photo your clamp isn’t likely to tighten the oval, you must ask to production of your seat post.
Best regards.
Servizio Clienti / Customer Care
Rossella Zambonin

Please send me your opinion on the issue that I am facing, after taking under consideration SMP’ s email,
Yesterday when we spoke on the phone, you have told me that BIANCHI bikes are not compatible with ALL SMP saddles (steel rail & carbon rail).
Since I am discussing the issue with other bike riders (on BIKE FORUMS.NET) please send me (written) the Bianchi’s official reply on the SMP saddles compatibility.
Waiting for your reply
Marios

ME:
Hello,
Following our phone conversation I am sending you this email in order to describe my problem.
I own the Bianchi Oltre XR FACING THE FOLLOWING PROBLEM:
The existing seatpost clamps are not compatible with carbon rail saddles
I bought the SMP Forma saddle with CARBON RAILS
In the installation manual of SMP Saddle FORMA CRB there are special specifications about the seatpost clamps that I can use in order to protect the carbon rails from breaking:
I need your help in order to buy ASAP the right accessory / spare part in order to install properly and safely my new SMP FORMA CRB saddle.
Waiting for your reply
Marios