Old 09-21-14, 07:34 AM
jimboach

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by atombikes

BAM!

This bike is awesome and I didn't wait three months to buy it, nor did I overspend or compromise. Instead, I purchased it online and picked it up at my convenience at the store. All the mods I did to this bike were at my discretion and I did so because it's a HOBBY, same as my riding and my framebuilding.

I could spend thousands on a bike but I bought this instead. So what? It's my choice and my money. Period.
Congrats, but that's not an arguement one way or another. You're simply stating facts. I, on the other hand, am not really arguing either. I'm just stating my view on the matter. You love your bike and you're proud of it and I respect that. Good for you. The only thing I would suggest is maybe be a little less defensive. I'm not judging you nor should you even care which is obvious you don't. You're happy with your purchase and you stand by it. I tend to look into where I spend my money very closely as I am very political. I would say that both politics and biking are my hobbies. I would never dream of spending ANY money at Walmart but i'm obviously in the minority on that given it's size. I'm also in the minority in car ownership so there's that. I obviously don't think like the average american but I try to influence others by setting an example. Hey man, enjoy your bike bought with your money.

By the way, I respect the whole framebuilding thing. I work in auto body, heavy collision, restoration, rust repair, etc so I respect a fellow welder. If I had access to a TIG, I'd probably give framebuilding a shot, myself. Maybe walmart will have a Lincoln Electric or Miller TIG on sale soon.