Old 09-22-14, 01:17 AM
ModeratedUser
Banned

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nun
Why do you need a tablet and a phone? Just take a smartphone.

I recommend powering as much stuff as possible off AAA batteries.....I don't like USB chargeable lights as it's just more cables and adapters to carry. AAA batteries don't weigh much and can easily be bought along the way. You don't need dedicated front bike light, just use a Petzl headlamp. Why are you carrying so many small external batteries? Just use one.
Seeing that I don't have my phone yet, I'm thinking of just getting a cheapy phone and just make sure it's a USB rechargeable. The cables aren't bad. I have mostly short cables that are about a foot long. Probably roll with two with mini USB connectors and two micro connectors. I don't want to go with the AA and AAA batteries cause it seems like everything is evolving towards lithium batteries. I'd say it's doing that cause there's power capacity it that setup. Alkaline batteries always seem to get messy too. I might trim my batteries down to two. Seems like the GoalZero battery doesn't have the capacity of the others. I get a little over 40% charge to the tablet with the GoalZero and the Random Order ones is around 53-53%. Smaller and lighter too.