View Single Post
Old 09-22-14, 02:43 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Iggz79
Agree, but i was more referring to carbon vs. Other carbon frames.
I am linking more harsh road feel to higher stiffness results in tests in a way trying to explain why the tarmac sl4 from 2013 felt more direct. I'm sure experts will say that stiffness and harsh road feel arent clearly linked nowadays. Would be interesting to hear some opinion or get a tip to an article on this in further discussion.
Sure. I think there still exists tensions between "nice ride" vs "road feel" in bikes. They haven't solved the problem with a bike that does both, but they have improved both at the same time.

Originally Posted by Iggz79
i read some very positive reviews, some from pros (will lack any criticism if its a trek pro ) went down to my lbs . Test rode it around the block , found it interesting as it was comfortable indeed and ordered it. It was after weeks of riding it especially on longer rides that i could really compare the two and make up my mind. I'm getting used to more comfort its easy to get used to something positive and overall its a good ride but I do miss the purebred roughness of the more cruel tarmac..could be nostalgically linked

Actually, as with a downside an upside must come up, I found the emonda smoother as to holding a straight line . My local club friends noticed the difference as I looked more composed with less bouncing right and left specifically when getting tired. As with tarmac every little move was translated into action i was bouncing more while the ride felt more scatchy. A big plus to those riding behind me
Haha, well, we all live with the dream of 1 perfect solution to everything don't we? :-)

You could probably still own both and go back and forth - Tarmac "Man, I miss that smooth ride and easier control of the Emonda!", Emonda "Man, I miss that connected and extremely responsive feel of the Tarmac!". :-)