View Single Post
Old 10-22-05, 09:04 PM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 610
1. Since I am mostly doing street riding
"Street" as in going to work or "street" as in hucking steps and fire plugs?
Originally Posted by 610
I would like to ditch the front suspension fork in favor of a rigid. Currently the one fork that sticks out in my mind is the Surly Instigators fork. Big, Beefy, takes Disc brakes, and likely will take the edge off of rough roads if there are any. Are there any other forks that would be better for similiar money?
Surly makes a killer fork. Kona actually makes their own rigid forks in the Project line
Originally Posted by 610
2. The Kona Hoss Deluxe comes with a Marzocchi Dirt Jam Pro 100mm suspension fork. I really won't want this after the switch. What would something like this be worth?
"Whatever someone will pay for it. Check eBay
Originally Posted by 610
Do you think I could get the bike shop to take it in exchange for the labor of putting the new fork on?
In a heartbeat
Originally Posted by 610
3. How fat of a tire will the Hoss Deluxe take? The bike comes with 2.3" knobbies - do you think I can put 2.5" Hook Worms on there?
I'm not certain on how much room is availiable on the Hoss frame, but the Instigator will handle it nicely