View Single Post
Old 09-25-14, 05:36 AM
skaterjim

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MacAttack1115
Recently picked up the Emonda SL6. I ended up having to travel 2 hours roundtrip as none of the LBSs had a 52cm in stock and Trek quoted Dec. 29th as the earliest for new deliveries. My experience has been limited to aluminum frames; my other bike is a 2004 Cannondale R3000 Optimo with DA 7800.

For my first carbon frame I couldn't be happier. I don't have anything to compare it to, but i have zero complaints about this bike (at least so far with 100 miles). The ride is smooth and eats up road vibrations while maintaining a solid feel/quick acceleration. It is much more forgiving that my aluminum CAAD7, which is to be expected. I could not for the life of me dial in my fit on my Cannondale. Had a fitting recently, and while it eliminated my knee pain, I could not shake the hand numbness and neck pain. I spent many rides focusing on form with bending at the hips, supporting upper body with my core, palm contact points, etc but usually 15-20 miles it was noticeable. The Emonda has completely eliminated any issues I was experiencing which is likely contributed to the H2 fit.

I had the shop swap out the wheel set and saddle, upgrading to the Bontrager Race Lite TLRs and Paradigm RL. I purchased the new PD-5800 pedals (as I couldn't justify the cost for Ultegra or DA pedals for a few grams difference). As expected, the Shimano pedal spindle clicks under heavy load but I'm working to eliminate it with some lube over time. I had the shop weigh the bike and surprisingly it came in right at 16.29lbs (claimed weight by Trek without pedals), which I am happy with.

Here are some pics....the close-up was just for fun.

where did you get your bike I would like to get same one. I do not like the sl6 colors