DeadGrandpa

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by Commuter76
Jbone78-
Apparently you've underestimated how existential some of the posters are here in the touring forum. It's a shame that such a potentially fun topic has devolved into a discussion of semantics and whether you meant an objective universal "best" or subjective best (read: favorite). The guy just wanted to hear some stories, cut him some slack folks!

As for me, I haven't had the chance to go on a tour yet, but I'm hoping to do a few local overnighters within the next few months. I eventually want to work up to doing the GDMBR. I grew up in Idaho, and have seen pictures of several routes in the state, so those are on my bucket list as well.

Cheers!
I am with you, Commuter76, I am working toward the GDMBR in '15. And 'Existential' rocks! I haven't done any touring unless you count hiking part of the AT, so I am reading about all these routes to bike and I just wanna go! Natchez Trace, Red Rocks Canyon, Acadian Coast, Pacific Coast, Mississippi River Bike Trail! Let's get to pedaling! Thanks for the threads, Machka.

And one more thing, Jbone78 posted the existential comment on 9-26-14 a little after 2pm, according to my computer, not well over a year ago. But that's small potatoes.

Last edited by DeadGrandpa; 09-26-14 at 06:09 PM.