Old 09-29-14, 08:16 AM
Bustaknot

Bikes: Crappy ones

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
Never thought about shifting systems as part of a boutique approach! When you say you might want 6-speed, do you mean 1 chainring in the front and 6 sprockets in the back? What's in your vision of the most interesting shifting setup? Do you want to stay with the current spacing of the frame (probably 126 mm)?

I personally have no problem with cold-setting a frame as long as it's done well and the dropouts are re-aligned to parallel after the spacing is correct.

Yes, 1 chainring in front, 6 in the back. A more interesting setup? Maybe 2 chainrings in the front, 3 sprockets on the back. That way I can keep both my shifters. Again, not looking for any kind of riding benefit, just a different riding experience. I don't know if the 2 chainring/3 sprokect thing would even work, i havne't dipped into spacing or compatibility or anything yet.

I have no idea what cold-setting a frame is. I haven't measured the frame yet but I guess tha'ts pretty important for planning out what to do. I'll probably stay with the current spacing though.

Last edited by Bustaknot; 09-29-14 at 08:23 AM.