Old 09-29-14, 01:08 PM
Jarrett2

Bikes: Steel 1x's

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by woodyman4916
Got my Trek DS about a month ago. Last week I was invited to a 45 mile "hilly" club ride by a friend who found out that I had started riding. I thought 400 miles in a month was enough that I could at least bring up the rear. WRONG!!
I had a similar experience. Showed up to a hilly 30 miler on my Trek DS 8.3 and gym shorts. Everyone else in full kit on high end carbon fiber road bikes. I was at the back of the pack for the whole ride as well, but it really inspired me to push myself further.

First thing it did is make me want a road bike. It's clear that they climb WAY better than a hybrid and the riders are expending less energy throughout the ride. Don't bring a knife to a *** fight.

Flash forward a year and I'm now on a Specialized Roubaix and wish I would have gotten there sooner. Also now doing weekly group rides with twice the climb of that first ride and staying with the front group.

I bet if you tell what area you are in that some good person from this forum could find a suitable group ride for you.