Old 09-30-14, 11:55 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by halfspeed
Why? Do you imagine that one is easier?
Easier? No. Just a fan.

Originally Posted by halfspeed
It's accurate.
And your metric is? Or are you simply above any metrics? I'm geek, I like numbers and spreadsheets. It is totally meaningless, but fun to me. I'm sure I'm not the only one, since you know, there's hundreds of apps out there to track everything from steps to miles to calories to whatever. If you're above this geeky stuff, cool, go on to something else and let the geeks have our silly, pointless fun.

Originally Posted by chasm54
You're making my point for me. Your nine hours may well have been a very creditable performance in the conditions. I know people who can easily break the hour for 40 km but are hopelessly uncompetitive in races, and others who win races who have never done a 60 minute 40k in their life. What's good depends on what you what to achieve, and train for, and varies with weather and terrain.
Correct, but for an average guy like me, I only get to 'test' myself like that once or twice a year. I'd love to do more, but you know, I need a job to pay for all these bikes (& the ones I still want). Plus, oddly, my family still enjoys my company, go figure.

Originally Posted by Jarrett2
There are lots of ****** in this sub forum. The Internet, keyboards, anonymity and all. Best just to laugh them off.
I truly couldn't give a rodent's hairy behind what these anonymous people have to say. As stated above, I enjoy some banter. When I get tired of it, I'll move on to something else... likely riding a bike.