I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,539 Times in 1,048 Posts
Originally Posted by Dahon.Steve
About two years ago, I was in New York City waiting for an ATM machine when an old guy in front left his "receipt" showing the balance of his account. Since I'm nosy, I checked how much this guy had and I was floored that he had nearly $650,000.00 thousand dollars in his checking account!

These are the people the banks have tellers for today. It's the older baby boomers with deep pockets who grew up using tellers and feel more comfortable with a live person than a machine. It's this old generation that's holding most of the wealth in this country. Not the 20 somethings.

As for the young adults, the ATM machines are made for them. You'll see the kids paying $4.00 dollar ATM fees to withdraw $20.00 dollars in cash.
Originally Posted by Dahon.Steve
The single "isolated" event was intended to give you my theory behind the banking industry to continue using live tellers when technology replaced them years ago. It doesn't have to be correct but my extrapolating skills have become legendary on this forum. ;-)
The basis for your banking "theory" above seems quite convoluted since you stated that the individual you were snooping on was using the ATM, not a live teller to conduct his business, just like the other just plain folks like yourself waiting on the ATM line. You do indeed have a very special skill at extrapolating.