Old 10-02-14, 04:07 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4210 Post(s)
Liked 3,876 Times in 2,315 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob
You would have to fully seal the space between the bearing cups with a rigid tube.. Used to be a Zirk Kit ,the sleeve between the cups
rigid plastic, then you drilled thru shell Zirk is a common grease fitting.

O rings slip snug on the spindle stay there because the crank arms are put on , next .. so use just the right number of Rings.

Not unusual to go really sparing on grease when making a run of several thousand things to cut grease expenditure overall .

A really cheap selling bike the motivation to use none is strong..
Yes, Stein made a Zerk fed BB sealing kit. As FB describes, a plastic sleeve (with a rubber center ring to allow some compression), a Zerk fitting with a long threaded section and a bunch of compression seals and "O" rings sized to fit over the axle but inside the crank arm. I installed many BITD. I still have one or two NIB on my shelves. But I'll never sell them. Instead I'm waiting for the bike mechanic's museum to open and I'll donate one. Andy.