Old 10-02-14, 04:12 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4210 Post(s)
Liked 3,875 Times in 2,315 Posts
Originally Posted by cvcman
yea the holes from the tubes are real small...blow up my pic and you can see them...I would plug them BEFORE filling the bb thru a grease fitting....
BITD one of my mechanics installed the just mentioned Stein sealing system in his bike. He grabbed the grease *** and pumped away. But soon the *** ran out of grease so he refilled it and continued. After some time he asked me to take a look. We confirmed that the grease was leaving the ***. I told him the only thing he could do was to take it all apart (which is a pain given the Zerk's access hole's lining up with the internal sealing sleeve) and he'd probably find his frame full of Phil. He did and he did. Seems that he didn't remove the OE seals from the BB cups, they were tight enough so that the next point of escape was found by the pressured grease. We estimated that the DT was about half full. Andy.