View Single Post
Old 10-05-14, 04:57 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Equinox
These were the EXACT issues we had inout city and that’s why they were never implemented. I think they were for a short time but they were being contested in court and they were all dismissed on the grounds that you can’t ticket a vehicle. They were very short lived.
It was also revealed that if one “dared” to challenge their ticket that in court that the fines/fees doubled if one lost. Presumably that was done to discourage people from challenging their tickets in court.

So given all that we are learning about the truth of red light cameras in the long run I do not think that they are worth it.

When I’ve been out with friends I’m pretty sure that I’ve seen the red light cameras firing for people who had taken charge of the intersection, i.e. they were out in the intersection waiting to make their left hand turn.

And I have to wonder how many drivers who were not actually breaking the law have gotten “caught” by the red light cameras. And how many of those when they’ve learned that if they fight and lose their fines/fees are doubled have opted NOT to fight their tickets?