View Single Post
Old 10-23-05, 11:59 PM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EJ123
If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, why practice?
Another hardheaded newbie. You're not the first, and you're not the worst I've dealt with either. Not even close.

Why do I care what shortcuts people take or how poorly they spell?
Because we have standards of communication here that make it easier for everyone to understand each other.
The forum guidelines that you agreed to when joining the site state:
"Please do your best when it comes to grammar, punctuation and spelling. Excessive use of "AOL'ese" and "hAx0r" talk can be very disruptive so please keep it to a minimum."
You want to look like a worthless idiot? That's fine. Do it somewhere else. Continuing to communicate with poorly spelled moronic gibberish and / or AOL'ese is never going to gain you any respect from me or any of the other members here.

In addition, this forum is visited by THOUSANDS of people a day. Some are members, MOST of them are guests who are looking for someplace where they can ask a question and get an intelligent response. "I wud git dat b4 u 4get or ur gunna be srry thx" Is NOT an intelligent looking response no matter how correct the information (once translated) is. Another thing to consider is people from other countries who have enough trouble with proper English trying to make sense of a bunch of letters and non-standard abbreviations.

You want others to respect your opinions? Type them so anyone can read them not just "ur homies" I don't expect perfect spelling and grammar, but you're mangling words a second grade student could handle which is totally unacceptable, not to mention just plain sad.