View Single Post
Old 10-06-14, 12:53 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
^^^ The unmarked car is the one that buzzed you, and put on lights and siren in response to your shouts?

*edit* also on that first video, the car would have almost certainly changed lanes to pass if you had been farther left in the lane. He passed you closely because he thought he could fit through without encroaching into the 2nd lane (i.e. he wouldn't have to *gasp* slow down a bit before waiting to pass!).
Yes, and no. I've had enough cars still split lanes when I'm in the center of the lane. It appears to me to be a "get in the gutter" statement by the driver, with little change based on my position in the lane. It is my intention to hold my line on the "right tire" line, but it always seems to move to the right.

BTW in the first video, there was no other car, there was no obstruction to moving to the left lane, just a lack with willingness.

Edit - the unmarked car ... yes, buzzed and then lights/sirens. My guess, he doesn't like bikes on the road and he wanted to intimidate me. However, I played the trump card, GoPro! I laugh all the time about the fact that it wasn't running at the time but still had the desired affect.

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 10-06-14 at 01:39 PM.