Old 10-08-14, 11:24 AM
eddie10

Bikes: 1986 Miyata 310

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lascauxcaveman
You've got the correct size wheel on the bike. A 700c would work too, and give you some more room, but test fit them first to make sure your brake reach is long enough (The pads will have to be adjusted downward to work on the slightly smaller rims. Have you got a set of 700s you can try on it, or know where to borrow some?

Another way to get more room for a fender is run 27x1" tires. They're pretty skinny compared to what you have now, but they could make the difference.
Yup I have a bike with 700c wheels. I guess the only downside is that I would need to buy a new wheelset as well as new tires. And it's also nice to have the original equipment on the bike. I just wish I could buy some more road bike type tires instead of the fat kenda tires. I don't think the 27in wheel works, the tire jams into the brakes because the diameter is larger. Even if it did fit, it's the same problem of needing to buy a new wheelset (if I went that route, I'd go 700c).

Seems like the cheapest option would be to find skinny road bike tires for 26in. And if not, buy 700c wheel set and get new tires for that.