View Single Post
Old 10-09-14, 09:55 AM
fuzzylegs

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse Disk 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When I had a house, in the garage. When I had a condo, in the bicycle room; only the people with bicycles in that room had keys to the room. I kept my pump there too. There were only about 10 bikes kept in that room and a couple of them were much nicer than ours, so they were more likely to be targets. Also, the security guard and cameras would have acted as something of a deterrent.

Now I am in a new apartment that does not yet have a bicycle room, so they are the den. My wife's bicycle will definitely go into the bicycle room, but I just bought a new, much more expensive bike, so I am thinking I may keep it where it is now, in the den. My wife will no doubt have other ideas.

A few people have their bicycles chained to the wall in their parking spots. I suppose that could be an alternative, but my spot is too close to the ventilation shaft with extraction fans, so I would be worried about them being covered with snow and rusting.

Some "negotiation" may be required with my wife to keep mine in the den. Besides, where else could I work on it?