Old 10-09-14, 09:16 PM
Willbird

Bikes: 2001 Trek Multitrack 7200, 2104 Fuji Sportif 1.5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bbeasley
I got introduced to rollers last winter and they really helped me. For me rollers are a skill drill not a fitness or endurance building exercise. If your fit on the bike has your weight well balanced front to rear you'll do fine. If you've got too much weight on the front end rollers can be tough. It took me three trips bouncing off the garage floor until I got the hang of them. Have fun and let us know how it goes.
They encouraged me to bring my bike with me when I go to pick up the rollers. The guy I talked to I also talked to F2F in the store bike shopping, he seems to be a decent sort of guy. He said they were showing a girl how to ride them, and were in the "telling" phase, and she assumed it was the "do" phase, and just took right off and did fine right from the start.

These come two ways, low resistance that tops out at about 200 watts, or resistance model will eat up over 800 watts, the resistance unit you can flip the drum one way for resistance, or the other way for a lot lower level (he said about 5%).