View Single Post
Old 10-11-14, 02:22 PM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by gpsblake
I noticed you claim to live in China. Thus you are abusing and taking advantage of the cheap chinese labor for your own profit. You wouldn't be there otherwise. So anything and everything you say about Walmart has to be dismissed for the hypocrisy that it is.

So I am assuming you never buy groceries or products anywhere then??? And I assume you own no cellphones because all of them are created by 10 cent an hour labor??? I am also assuming you don't buy from Target, or Whole Foods, or Amazon or any other retailer because they also pay minimum wage and do the same practices as Walmart.

In fact, if you are a business owner, do you not negotiate the prices on your products you buy from your suppliers?

1.2 out of 1.4 million Walmart employees get health insurance through Walmart. I guarantee you the number of LBS employees who are not owners who get health insurance from the LBS is almost zero. A much higher percentage of Walmart employees get health insurance then the percentage of those working at Starbucks do.

So give me a break that Walmart is somehow this evil company... They do the exact same thing other companies do, only they are better at it.

You and your hypocrisy are therefore dismissed.
Seen the news? Walmart just canceled insurance for their part time workers, and greatly increased the rates for the rest of their employees. All because it is going to cut into their profits.

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon