View Single Post
Old 10-24-05, 03:01 PM
kosherdave
Tri Coach/UltraMarathoner

Bikes: 2006 Madone 5.2 SL, some 60s Schwinn thing for crusin at Peak's Island, and an old single spead commuter (schiwn)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As good a deal as it sounds?

Does this sound like a good deal to you guys out there? This is the response I got regarding a posting I placed looking for a roadie:

I'm looking to sell my Lemond Maillot Jaune, 2004, 53 cm. it's a carbon/steel frame. It has less then 1000 miles on it but I just bought a Trek Madone 5.9 and need to move this bike because my wife won't let me keep 3 bikes in our small apartment. The bike is mint and the ride is awesome, it's full Dura Ace 7700 with an FSA carbon crank 53/38 (i also have a 39 chain ring that i'll throw in) and Mavic Ksyrium SSL wheelset. Price is $2,500, I know it's a few more bucks then the $1,800 you want to spend but well worth it. The frame alone retails for $2,099 so i'm really just letting the Dura Ace group (retails for 1500+) and the Ksryium wheelset (retails for $799) go for next to nothing. The bike is a $4,000 bike but I know I will never get that much for it. The color is black carbon and red with a Bontrager race x light carbon fork. You can check out the bike at www.lemondbikes.com then go into archives and look up 2004 Maillot Jaune. I live midtown if you would like to see the bike. Pedals and bottle cages aren't included but I have a set of Dura Ace 7750's on them that I'd be willing to sell to you for $75 with cleats if you wanted.

What do you guys think, obviously I go check out the bike and ride it around a bit, but is it a good deal at $2,500?