View Single Post
Old 02-09-03, 04:43 PM
Phatman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 51 Posts
just spent $50 on the huffy

When I started saving for my road bike, I said to myself, don't spend any money that you don't need to spend. So I stopped buying junk food from the mall, played pool or ping-pong at my friend's houses instead of going to movies, and I have managed to save a fair amount.

My saving ethic was killed today! I went out to ride my huffy, becaues it is so darn fun in the snow. I went over a minor drop, and braked hard, and I heard a horrible snap. The frayed, rusted cable on the back brake had snapped! rats. I tried dialing in the barrel adjuster on the lever, so that maybe I could free up enough cable, but no luck. new cable needed. -$16.00 (w/ shipping)

While inspecting my bike after the cable snap, I noticed that the chain was really worn. That was why my chain kept skipping and doing obnoxious things! -$ 24.00 for a chain (w. shipping)

Another thing I noticed in my after-snap inpection was the fact that my brake pads were about 2mm thick. new brake pads. -$10.00

Man, I need to buy the new bike quick before I spend any more on the huffy! Who'd have thought that a $150 bike could be so expensive!