Old 10-24-05, 03:32 PM
Ineedhelp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DocRay
There's no need for public medicine in the US when you have the internet. Instead of the qualified opinion of a doctor, you can get the opinions of total strangers who like to guess a lot and make stuff up. And no matter what ails you, there's always guys who swear by little white pills you can buy at any I.D.A., or herbal remedies.
Qualified opinion of a doctor? Yeah, ok.

Do you actually have any idea of how much the opinion of various doctors differs? Do you really think they all AGREE on treatments? Don't you know the opinions of ALL professionals differ widely?

Until I became a CPA, I never realized this. Now I get to review the workpapers of other "professionals" and sometimes the work is so bad that it's horrifying. Tax returns and valuations of companies that are complete works of fiction and fraud so blatant that a child could spot it! On my last audit, the previous accountant just made up an "asset" in the amount of $27 million that didn't exist--and I had to report my findings to several governmental regulatory agencies, while explaining to them it wasn't my client's fault--but rather that they had "trusted" their former accountant. This isn't an occasional occurance--it happens all the time!

I no longer place any trust fully in any one person's "opinion".