Old 10-24-05, 03:43 PM
DannoXYZ 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Well, part of my frustration with my asthma had to do with continually going back to doctors who would then prescribe the latest and "best" medications. None of them got rid of the asthma, the best was maybe 80%, which prevented me from doing any kind of sprint or interval workous; sure I can ride to class just fine, that was about it. I even came down with various infections because I had been taking the steroid inhaler for so long that my immune system wasn't as responsive. So another visit and they switched me to yet another "wonder drug".

My "solution" was the same as yours Ineedhelp, I changed my diet, cut out all dairy and wheat (gluten) products and it completely changed my asthma. I used to have major attacks around cats. I'd just have to pull into my mum's driveway and my eyes and nose would explode! Now I play with cats all day without any problems. I should've pushed more in the beginning for an allergen test, but all the doctors didn't think identifying the exact stuff that was triggering my allergies & asthma would've been much help... What did I know right? They were the doctors..