View Single Post
Old 10-13-14, 09:59 AM
Black wallnut 

Bikes: Schwinn Broadway, Specialized Secteur Sport(crashed) Spec. Roubaix Sport, Spec. Crux

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 171 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by TXsailor
I have read through this whole thread and learned a lot but there are a couple of things I am still wondering about. Do most people put on their riding shorts to use the trainer or just regular shorts?

One more.... I just bought a "dumb" trainer that you change the resistance by shifting the bike. My bike (Origin8 Lactic Acid) with a 105 triple shifts perfectly on the road but I can't get it in big ring on the trainer. It shifts from little to middle and back with no problems. I am not sure I need big ring on the trainer, it seems pretty hard on the middle ring but am I flexing the frame or something that is keeping it from climbing up the big ring?
I wear bike shorts on the trainer, always. About the only times I do not wear bike shorts is if my ride, on the road, is going to e less than 30 minutes. Because of the static position on a trainer the comfort and support of bike shorts is more important.

Will your bike shift with you turning the crank by hand when it is mounted in the trainer? Perhaps your high limit screw is a bit too tight or your cable tension is a bit low. I'm not familiar with your bike brand but 105 works for me. I've yet to have a bike not shift right on a trainer.