View Single Post
Old 10-14-14, 10:37 PM
verdricity

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First time poster, been lurking for a few weeks and have started commuting by bike for the first time since about that long. I need a place to vent after my commute today, which ended with a phone call to the police...

As I was biking on a main street I forced a car that was pulling out of a parking lot to stop and wait for me to pass. Apparently that was an unforgivable offense, as he waited for me at the next stop sign and then proceeded to tail me and honk continuously over the course of a mile. At various points he would pass me, wait for me at a stop sign, and then start tailing and honking again. About three quarters of the way into this I started to flip him off (which, while justified, was a probably a bad/dangerous decision) but then towards the end I became overwhelmingly worried that he was going to try to run me over, told him I was going to call the police, and stopped by the side of the road to do so.

I don't think the police will do anything about it, but at least they now have his license plate number in case anything happens. Now I'm just worried I'll see him again, as I bike this route every day. I'm not sure what he would do if he saw me again, as he seemed seriously unhinged.

And then after all this I missed my shuttle by about thirty seconds, so I was thirty minutes late