Old 10-15-14, 08:56 AM
Racer Ex 
Resident Alien

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet
The week before one of my Egg Beaters blew up and I was too lazy to go to the basement to take a set from the cross bike and instead took the Egg Beater Candies from the fixie hanging in the garage. Big mistake as I am limited in ankle movement and the Candies pretty much are impossible to bail out from.

So,... I've been limping the last 8 days with a messed up ankle.
It's frustrating to get banged up when you know better.

In the old days I'd take short cuts with tools, protective gear, Etc. and end up going "that wasn't too bright". I work a little more cautiously now, especially when I'm around folks who want to help. Had a helper take off the end of my thumb many years ago...

-On the training front it's interesting how the MTB:Road TSS ratio plays out when you use comparative PE vs. HR. I threw my Garmin 305 on the MTB for yesterday's ride (going to make that a regular thing) so I would have some basic data sans power. After looking at the data (and looking at Gary's MTB SRM data) I've come to a couple of conclusions:

1) Add TSS for the equivalent road AveHR/ride on a sliding scale as the terrain gets more technical

2) An MTB PM is mostly useful if you're doing intervals on the MTB, as a reflection of the actual TSS of a ride, not so much.

Last edited by Racer Ex; 10-15-14 at 09:18 AM.