View Single Post
Old 10-15-14, 04:29 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
There was a little party on a ship loaded with tea in 1773 that will contradict that notion. The actual conception of our country was BASED on being properly represented by current law, or breaking those laws. It’s almost mandatory in a “free” society to rebel when you are being unfairly taxed and not properly represented.

So there is yet ANOTHER angle I can play here. Handing me some laws designed for motor vehicles is lazy, uninformed, and dangerous. I will not comply with the ones that make no sense, but I will comply with laws that do make sense. As always, I break the law in a manner that does not put anyone else out.

I will admit that buzzing a rude MUP user may or may not be illegal. I do not know. And I have yet to hit anyone that I purposely “woke up” with an unnecessarily close pass. I have hit one pedestrian in recent history who literally dove in front of me on a narrow street. Did not fall or knock him down. HE apologized.

Sometimes accurate history speaks for itself.
Joey,

That was then, when there wasn’t any system in place for our forefathers to challenge “bad” laws. NOW there is a system in place to address “bad” laws. If you want the law(s) changed breaking it is NOT the way to go about it. Contact your local lawmakers contact the people in your area to sign a petition to call for the amending or repealing of a law. But these days one cannot just break a law that they do not agree with.

Doing so is dangerous for everyone. As the laws are made so that everyone is operating from the same play/rulebook.

And one day you’re going to end up answering to the laws of physics.