View Single Post
Old 10-15-14, 06:30 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaywalk3r
. . .
Originally Posted by Jaywalk3r
I’m quite honest about it. In fact, I ride the same way in the presence of law enforcement as I do otherwise. They seem to be able to differentiate between safely proceeding through a red light or stop sign and blowing through intersections without regard for other road users.
Jaywalk3r, Just because the cop isn’t doing his/her job doesn’t make your actions right. Sometimes I think that the cops have a little TOO much discretion when it comes to the enforcement of the law. It has been said here, plenty of times, that if the cops concentrated on the “little things,” that the “big things” would likewise be taken care of. As an example, I’ve heard it mentioned that “early” in his killing career that Ted Bundy was stopped by a cop for a minor traffic violation, the irony is that it’s been alleged that Bundy had a body in either the backseat or trunk of his car at the time he was stopped. So if that cop during that traffic stop had searched the car, how many lives might have been saved? Sadly, around town I have personally witnessed police turning a “blind eye” to jaywalkers, to motorists who have failed to signal lane changes/turns, and failing to come to a complete stop before making a right on red. Does that make those actions right, and please let’s not forget that The Tampa Bay Area is no. two in the nation for bicycle/pedestrian crashes/fatalities. And sadly, by his own admission there are plenty of times that Joey has blown through intersections at speed. One of these days (I sincerely hope not) his actions WILL catch up with him. In that he will either get hit resulting in either serious injury or death, or that he will cause a chain reaction where others are injured or killed.