Old 10-15-14, 09:39 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,927 Times in 1,492 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Unique doesn't quite do it justice, nightmare does, those cars were electrical nightmares.
This has Lucas electrics no?

Originally Posted by CroMo Mike
Having owned 5 Jaguars myself, I disrecommend that one, an XJ-6 series 3. They are mechanically obsolete and very trouble prone. Try a 1992-1994 XJ-6 series 4, often referred to as XJ-40. They have a completely different and updated Jaguar-designed and built engine coupled with a ZF German built automatic transmission and new suspension system and brakes. Electical problems are rare and easily repaired. Even in an XJ-40, look for one that is clean, rust-free, and current in its repairs and maintenance, or great expense will ensue. I sold my last one, an XJ-40 Vanden Plas, in very good condition, for $3,000 cash in 2010. New in 1992, it sold for nearly $60k.

I also disrecommend, with great prejudice, the early 2000's Jag X-type, aka, baby Jag. The darn engine was shoehorned in so tightly under the hood that what should have been minor repairs required the engine and trans to be removed, from under the car, as an assembly. Add to that the fact that they came from the factory with a leaking oil pan gasket that was not under warrantee and, yep, the engine had to come out and be separated from the tranny to fix it. It was based on a German Ford car and came with numerous in-built problems one would expect from a Taurus.
Well the seller is asking 3K for it but even if I had the money I would want it much closer or under 2K. The paint looks rough on the edges and I would almost expect it isn't running. I just though it was cool because it was Celeste or real close to it.

When did Ford actually buy and start designing/speccing them? Think they are any better since TATA motors owns them?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk