Old 10-18-14, 08:58 PM
MassiveD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
https://www.ontario.ca/environment-a...ing-crown-land

Apparently Europe on 5 dollars a day is now closer to 5 dollars an hour, at least if you take the path through cities therein described.

Travelling in Ontario is not cheap. Prices are high here compared to the US. The bike shop as an example pays probably about 1/3rd more for everything, and there aren't any cheap 24 hour supply stores, Harbour Freights, MSCs, or Encos to deal with for random stuff like hand cleaner or basic shop supplies. I buy just about everything from the US. This is necessary both to get prices, but most importantly to have access to products at all. For instance I can't find quality epoxy around here for less than about 120 a gallon while I can get it from the US for about 60.

Stealth camping is largely illegal in southern ontario, not that that means much. Landowner rights changed about 20 years ago, but that doesn't mean all landowners are concerned about stuff they don't know is happening on their land, and presents no threat and causes no damage. Comaparatively you should hear them on hunting. During the hunting season a lot of hunters just help themselves to the land, and in some areas it would take full time security to keep them at bay. I'm pro hunting and guns, but having uninvited newbies discharging firearms on your property and tramping around is no joke.

I'm sure someone is turning a profit daily while bike touring, but sometimes the best deal is one that you pay for as it frees you up to do what you want rather than spending most of your time scheming. It also pays to go with the flow. Ontario rivers are full of routes one can travel by canoe, largely without impediment, and largely for free. Sometimes the bike isn't the best option.