Old 10-19-14, 07:58 AM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked 1,281 Times in 740 Posts
Originally Posted by etw
Any more feedback on your results after more long term testing of the new saddle(s)?
Yes. It seems I have a physical anomaly. We tried shimming without positive result. We also did that "etch-a-sketch" pad thing and it showed more impact on the right. And, when left in the original position (no shims) on his fit bike it showed that I was pedaling with 85% circular efficiency in each leg. He was amazed because 1.) 85% is really good for recreational riders (his words) 70% is "good for a recreational rider" and 2.) it is rare to see no imbalance in legs. I attribute this to never having owned a trainer and always riding rollers. As a result of all of this testing and trial and error with different saddles I've learned a few things. There's probably never going to be a "perfect" saddle for me. But, I can ride anything for 30 mi. After that is the tricky part. Also, despite the pad thing saying saddle width should be 143mm, 130-135mm is much better. Also learned I don't need the ergo cutout design. Doesn't hurt but doesn't particularly help either. Rounded rather than flat saddles are better too. Our season for 50+ mi. rides has wound down so I'm going to wait 'til next year to do the trial/error thing. But, I'll start with the narrower width saddles, use my Assos bibs and make sure to keep consistent saddle placement on the bike.