Old 10-19-14, 08:27 PM
landdnl

Bikes: Cinelli Experience, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 250, Pro-Lite Bella

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by no1mad
While the 'ring glow' was noticeable in the link you provided, the camera was mounted next to it- it may not be as noticeable 'in the wild' like you've experienced with other light's side markers.
When I had the Gen 1 for a few days, one thing I did was haul my bike with my car to similar lighting conditions that I have on part of my commute. I parked my bike with all lights on about 200 feet from my car. I got in my car and turned the headlights on to critique my side visibility. The 2 things in front that stood out the most(minus the light beam(s)) was the LIT 360 reflective sidewalls(by the way, as durable as GP4000s & same rolling resistance 28mm) and the perimeter ring around the Gen 1. I'm not saying holy crap that's bright. But it's more noticeable that the L&M Vis180's amber light that I have on the seatpost, albeit there's a lot more surface area than the Vis180. Although the tires lit up like rings of fire when I was at a right angle to them, you can't rely on passive items to be seen at different angles.

So, I'm just saying there's not one lighting component that I have that's going to make the difference between being seen at all angles, but the cumulative effect of all will work quite well. My thinking is it's better to overpay for visibility now than to end up with hospital bills(or worse) later. Sorry, this is starting to sound like the commuter's forum. LOL

Last edited by landdnl; 10-27-14 at 07:54 PM.