Old 10-20-14, 04:33 PM
Toytruckmike

Bikes: New- '14 Specialized Roubaix Sport, Old-'00 Specialized Allez Sport, Totaled-'12 Cannondale SuperSix 3, Cannondale mountainbike, old but cool.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Help me understand what I can and cannot do with new Bike and old components.

Hey everyone,
I just got a Specialized Roubaix Sport to replace my Cannondale SuperSix 3 that hand an untimely ending. [ http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycli...-supersix.html ]
I was planning to get another Cannondale since they had a great replacement program, and I went to Dallas recently to try out several brands/models of bikes. I ended up liking the Roubaix more. They had a 2014 that had a great color scheme, but 105 components-none in my size.

So, I sourced a 2014 and plan to move my Ultegra components off my SuperSix to the new bike and I want to know what problems you think I may have.
Ultegra 6700 from a 2012 S6
105 5700 on new bike. Both 10 speed, which I can live with for now.

Questions:
1. Do the cables on the new bike stay, and just switch out the components? They have a color coded cable sheaths, so I prefer not to change. Also, they are routed internally on the Roubaix, and externally on the S6.
2. Is the Lesser BB30 on the new bike OK to upgrade to the FSA SL-K crankset? Do they need to change the bearings also?
3. I have to buy a new right hand Ultegra brake/shifter since I broke the old one, I assume the 6700 carbon is what I need to buy? I think 6703 is triple.
4. Everyone is talking about the new Ultegra 11 speed 6800. What all has to be changed specifically to upgrade? Shifters, cassette, derailer? I probably won't do since I doubt my new wheels are 11sp compatible.

I plan to have my local Specialized shop do the switchover, and want to know what I want to ask for and expect up front.

Cheers!
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
iPhone pics 244.jpg (101.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg
iPhone pics 245.jpg (98.8 KB, 12 views)