View Single Post
Old 10-22-14, 06:52 PM
vrooom3440

Bikes: Co-Motion Primera Co-Pilot, Trek Madone 3.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The factory visit and tour is a fabulous experience. And very cool that they actually had examples you could ride, when we were there the pickings were a bit slim. You must have lucked out and they still had all the new web site bikes!

I hate Co-Motion's new web site!

The specs on the Speedster are inconsistent saying Reynolds 631 steel in one place and Cro-moly steel in another. Looking at the frame I tend towards the Cro-moly as it looks just like the Primera frame (which is what I have) albeit with upgraded components. Basic straight steerer tube. The specs call for wider 35C tires. Looks to be their top touring tandem. Likely close to bullet proof.

The Carrera adds Reynolds 631, a tapered steerer tube, and carbon fork. Plus the bling wheels and Gates carbon timing belt.

Yeah I would anticipate a difference in ride between these two. If you put a stop watch to it there is likely little difference. But we do not ride by the stop watch, we ride by what we feel. And that is going to be influenced by the cool factor. I started with a Primera Co-Pilot to manage cost. It now has Rolf wheels and Gates carbon timing belt. I probably should have just bought the cool stuff to begin with. If your heart says Carrera I would run with it. It is unlikely you will ever regret having more. You can do credit card touring just fine. If you get closer to loaded touring, you can easily swap some more basic wheels onto it for the trip.

Personally my heart says Robusta for fun versatile riding without a Co-Pilot option