LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 247 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11443 Post(s)
Liked 4,820 Times in 2,801 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
Do you guys think a 13oz external battery pack will affect bike handing if mounted on the new t-bar off the handlebars? Otherwise there's a few ounces of things on the bars- Garmin, light and I might add a feed bag.

The other option is to mount the external battery to the seatpost below the saddle bag. There is room for it, although its not yet clear how we would attach it. It just requires purchase of a longer battery cable. But that location would probably affect bike handling the least being closer to center of gravity of the bike.
I actually thought that was a decent idea for a mounting location. Heck, those weird Rando folks put enough crap in their handlebar bags to feed the whole contingent, AND rebuild their bike, less frame. They don't seem to have their handling messed with, though speed isn't their real concern. It wouldn't surprise me if there is some kind of whiz-bang mini conductive welder stashed in there somewhere to weld their frame together. You know, because steel is real...... easy to break.

I did mount my battery to the saddle bag (wedge), and that worked pretty well. I mounted it on my commuter to the tire side of the seat tube, as I have fenders on that.