View Single Post
Old 10-24-14, 07:59 PM
well biked

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 89 Posts
It's one of the most versatile new bikes you can buy. We sell quite a few of them at our shop, and versatility is probably the most important selling point. Honestly, I like the bike because it's one of those models that pretty much sells itself...... Want to try cyclocross without breaking the bank? Want to set it up as a singlespeed (the bike has old school semi-horizontal dropouts)? Want to put oversized cyclocross tires (up to about 42mm wide) on it and ride it on the roughest dirt roads, or even selected mountain bike trails? Want to install some 28mm road tires (or narrower for that matter) and use it as a laid back, comfortable road bike? Want to do some loaded touring? Want a bike that works great as a commuter, with all the braze-ons you need? 132.5mm rear dropout spacing allows the use of 130mm and 135mm hubs without issue. Want a relatively inexpensive, new frameset with a quality finish that you can build up in any number of ways? Want a complete bike that comes with practical and okay stuff on it, gives you all sorts of options for changes, and has come in all sorts of interesting colors over the years (and likely is available at any given time in at least a couple of different colors)?

That's the Cross Check. Jack of all trades, master of nothing. Very attractive to a wide variety of people, but definitely not for everyone. I've not owned one myself, but I do like the Cross Check.
Likes For well biked: