Old 10-25-14, 07:57 PM
landdnl

Bikes: Cinelli Experience, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 250, Pro-Lite Bella

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I'm sure this is annoying to read so often, but you have no idea how FREEING it is to have a dynamo powered lighting system. It feels GREAT to have a constant concern just go away and never come back. If my bike rolls, it lights.
No, not annoying. I'm sure I'll go that route in a couple of years. Just not now. Actually, the Saferide will be used as supplemental lighting on the way home from work during rush hour, or when weather is a factor(fog, rain, etc.). So on average it will be used 1 hr/day in good weather 4 days a week(10hr. work day).

BTW. Does this quote ring a bell? Be assertive. If you command respect, you’re more likely to get it(http://patch.com/new-jersey/southorange/the-go-to-bike-guy).

I happen to come across this a couple of weeks ago. Two winters ago I was quite apprehensive approaching an intersection(especially at night). One reason was my lighting wasn't that great. I would slow down approaching an intersection, and there was a good chance someone would pull out in front of me. Last winter(much better lighting) when I approached an intersection I would actually speed up a bit and it works. Of course, always have a plan B if the motorist does pull out in front of you! Anyways, that's the first time I heard that said.