View Single Post
Old 10-25-14, 11:43 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I disagree with many, you have the wrong animals, it's rabbit and tortoise. Your concerns are all just, but you were going faster than you were ready. It's not necessary to do it all in one leap. Just go steady. Do your commute first on a Saturday, so you aren't rushed and can scope out the roads when there is less traffic. Nothing wrong with a little training so you really know what you are getting into. Don't push too hard, so you have a good estimate of how long it will take you. Then leave 15 minutes early to allow for a flat.

Like others, I find the ride home less tiring. There is no demand for punctuality and I'm glad to be out of work. I use a shopping pannier to take the weight off of my back and can punctuate the ride with shopping, a detour through a park or other things.

Soon you will be in shape so that the ride doesn't make you tired.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.