View Single Post
Old 10-26-14, 02:07 PM
Jinkster

Bikes: 2013 Specialized CrossTrail Disc,2004 Giant OCR3,1999 Trek Mountain Track Sport 800

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by chasm54
Seriously? Never mind about the commuting, learn how to fix a flat before you next go out on the bike.
Ummm.....all due respect?...I think you're reading a little "Less" into what I stated...I didn't say..."I don't know how to fix a flat"...I said....

"I know squat about what I should have"

IOW's?...carry and extra tube or?...patches?......and?...portable pump or?...C02 rig?...as I have none of these things nor do I have "levers"...so I guess it's all things I have yet to get or even decide on...I'm thinking it should be...

1. Spare Tube (not patches)

2. Mini-Pump (*not Co2 rig)

and of course...

3. Levers (for tire bead removal)

But if I got a flat right now?...yes...I'd have to "call someone"...like my wife...tell her where I'm at and to bring my P/U Truck!

But you are correct that it is an issue which needs action prior to me commuting....like "Getting these things"...and I will admit to having just recently watched some "How To" videos...where I picked up some cool tips like the proper way to R&R the rear wheel and?...to leave the tube stem in and partially inflate the leaky tube to find "the leak reason" prior to installing the new tube.

*which tells me a Co2 rig might not be best option.