Old 10-28-14, 02:19 PM
Jarrett2

Bikes: Steel 1x's

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by americanrecluse
Holy moly, you are an inspiration, friend. I found this thread because I'm shopping for my first bike since childhood and am leaning toward the Specialized Expedition, but it was your journey that prompted me to register and comment. Thank you for talking about your weight, etc here. I'm 250lbs with advanced arthritis and am trying to find a way to shed some lbs safely and with a minimum of pain and damage. This thread convinced me that I'm doing the right thing. Thank you again!
Thank you for posting this. I'm glad to hear it offered some motivation. Reading other's posts like this also motivated me. This subforum is a GREAT place to come and get advice and support on your weight loss and cycling journey. And I've found cycling to be a great exercise for several positive benefits including weight loss.

Lately, I've been using a Garmin Edge bike computer (with a heart rate monitor) that automagically syncs with a calorie counting app/website called MyFitnessPal. The combination of those have really made tracking my cycling and weight loss even easier. I wish I would have had it when I started.

Good luck, my friend! Keep us posted on your progress.