oddjob2
Still learning

Bikes: Still a garage full

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 847 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrome Molly
I think you'll wind up with something very different than your Serotta. With 600 arabesque components, I'd shoot for a frame of the late 70's or early 80's vintage. Once it's built up it will be a bike to take on longer relaxing rides. Set it up with accessories different than your vintage cross bike (with something like a larger roll seat bag to carry a jacket along on fall rides) and it will have a place of it's own. 650b might be another option if you find something like an 82-83 trek that are sort of low trail already.
+1 Considering frame geometry, I think you would find frame geometry considerably different, hence different handling characteristic.

Originally Posted by Barrettscv
Actually, this is very reasonable behavior for an OCD type. Just to be sure to avoid any redundancy, I should forget about the Shimano stuff entirely and build a 40 year old French bike. I've got a Stronglight crankset, so I would be utilizing existing gear. The bike would be 15 years older than my current bikes, not Italian or American, and I'll have to wear wool when using it. You see, perfectly reasonable behavior!
Are you the one who needs a TT measurement for a 62cm PX10 on the bay?