View Single Post
Old 10-29-14, 11:25 AM
corrado33

Bikes: 199? Landshark Roadshark, 198? Mondonico Diamond, 1987 Panasonic DX-5000, 1987 Bianchi Limited, Univega... Chrome..., 1989 Schwinn Woodlands, Motobecane USA Record, Raleigh Tokul 2

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob
I'd tie it into the Motor Vehicle ignition circuit, so to phone you have to pull over and turn off the engine.

or just a motion detector in the Phone Itself so you have to stop whether you are walking driving , biking or on your skateboard .
As much as I agree with this idea. The problem that is always brought up is emergencies. What if you are in the middle of nowhere and have someone giving you directions to the nearest hospital for your friend/significant other in the passenger seat? The ONLY thing I can think of would be to have a steering wheel know when you're touching it and disable the SCREEN of the phone then, so you can't change music/text/type in a phone number while driving unless you had handsfree.

But this would be way too expensive/complicated to incorporate today and no car company would ever do it.