Old 10-30-14, 10:53 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Tundra_Man
Call me a troglodyte if you want, but I just use an Excel spreadsheet. I take my mileage off my odometer on the bike and enter it in every day. I've gotten fancy with it where it breaks down my mileage by month and by which bike I rode.
Funny, I'm a knuckle-dragger too, but also invested in the new world. I keep a spreadsheet I've used for many years, over the years, I've tracked data with a Cateye, Endomondo, Strava, and Garmin. I use Android and the Razr Maxx has a lot of battery life, so battery life hasn't been an issue to me.

Like the OP, my wife doesn't like Endomondo or Strava on the iPhone because of the battery drain. She bought a multi-sport Garmin this summer and love the extended battery life for her phone.

My short answer is Endomondo is the best phone app, however the issues stated earlier will continue to be issues (drain the battery and not the most accurate GPS); otherwise, invest in a specific GPS device like Garmin. I'm very happy with the Garmin 510, I use it will all bikes. Garmin Connect logs all my data, and I can push that data to Endomodo and Strava automatically.