View Single Post
Old 10-30-14, 11:00 AM
Ygduf
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bikes: aggressive agreement is what I ride.

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
no sensitivity here
IMO, a forum is for discussion that members can participate in -- and even if they do not actively participate there are many more who can read and benefit. i've heard you say before (e.g., during the dialogue between me and "alaska mike") that something is "not worth it to discuss". that point of view, again IMO, fails to recognize that there are others who are listening, taking it all in, and forming their own opinions. also, people find these threads in the future via search engines and rich discussion can be valuable.
cool.

I didn't mean to discourage anyone from sharing his/her opinion (it had already been shared, anyway), just wanted to agree with him and let him know that he'd get pages of differing opinions and that he shouldn't worry about it or feel like he had to justify his.

And I agree with you. Value is absolutely relative to the user. Please keep that in mind; I'm only ever saying what I value. Not saying someone else is wrong by implication.

I am an impulse buyer. If someone wants something (pc8/SRM/Coach/sew-up tires/whatever) that'll improve their enjoyment of the experience, cool. If they ask opinions I'll say what I would or wouldn't do, but I'm never saying my opinion is right or wrong. Reasonable people can value different things. It's absolutely nbd.