View Single Post
Old 10-30-14, 11:26 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Ironman Florida, 2 days away and.....

the weather HAS changed.

My wife and I arrived Tuesday. Warm, some wave action, water above 76.1F but not too much wind. Front came thru yesterday bringing rain, this morning temps were down and winds up. They announced wet suit legal at this time and since the temps will be plunging, race morning 40's then daytime 50's/60's and wind at 25mph, things should be interesting.

My knees are hurting right now with left knee giving out while walking yesterday, my shoulders are giving me fits and back started to tighten up.

I have a 3 part mantra for race, in my case event.....

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.......Finding Nemo "Just Keep Swimming" Clip - YouTube

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike.....Queen: Bicycle Race (I Want to Ride My Bicycle) - YouTube

Put one foot in front of the other.......https://www.google.com/search?source...7...........0.

What can one expect from the OldTryGuy with a body that wants to be horizontal more often than vertical. 69 athletes in my 60-64 bracket.