Old 10-31-14, 08:37 PM
erig007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bengreen79
I find that a single pair of tights over my shorts/bibs does the trick from about 35 to 55. My favorite pair is a set of Sugoi Subzero tights, which have held up remarkably well. Three years old and barely a loose thread.
I have those tights as well. Very good build quality. But since i had some Louis Garneau bib tights and some other gears in both brands Louis Garneau and Sugoi i was able to compare. I've have noticed that Louis Garneau massimo 2 bib tights breath better than the Sugoi one, cut wind better and restrict leg motion less. (This could be because the Sugoi tights were too tight on me though). I have several Sugoi and my take on these is that they don't breath as much as some other brands which makes them comfy on a narrower range of temperature. Those subzero tights might works as an insulation layer (tho wool long johns are better at this, i believe) but not as a single layer as they aren't much wind resistant.

Anyway, my solution now is none of the 2 but rather some hicking pants with 10% minimum of spandex in it

Last edited by erig007; 10-31-14 at 08:58 PM.