Old 11-02-14, 08:24 AM
miamijim

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by iab
No.

The FedEx discounts are the same as the USPS discounts if you have an online account. The ebay discounts are the same. I also only have an "above standard" seller rating as I don't sell that often on ebay. I am not affiliated with any business and drop off at a FedEx location
Not sure where you get your information from but here are real number for a pair of wheels I just sent from Tampa to California:

107" box 14.5 lbs insured for $550

FedEx account: My residential address to the recipients business address: $57.10
FedEx through Ebay: My residential address to the recipients business address: $45.21

That's a 21% discount versus using my 'regular guy' FedEx account

Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
Anything will help.

Just shipped a bike to sloar, in two boxes, via USPS. Total: $104.
He shipped one back to me, in one box, $131, via Fed Ex.

USPS, according to my post office, has dropped Parcel Post for Parcel Select, and now dropped that for Standard Post, which no longer recognizes the "window" between 108" in girth up to 130" for no huge charges. Now, it's all about being below 108" in girth, just like shipping overseas.

The recent increases apparent, which reward account holders and really sock it to non-account holders, are perfectly timed for Christmas.
I'm about to ship the last bike ever, if my plans work out, and hope this time I can get it to 108" and still safely ship.
From where to where? Insured? Weight? Size of box?