Old 11-02-14, 01:28 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by landdnl
I did a 30 mile ride this morning with my new Gen2 and stock batteries cycled 3 times(charge/discharge that is). They only lasted about 10 minutes. I know: surprise, surprise! Have you used the standard eneloops in your light and what was the run time vs. the eneloop pro which can be charged 500 times as opposed to 2100 times for the standard eneloop? Or is that what you'll be testing on your porch this winter?

You're right on when you say city-eco mode is sufficient in most cases. Sorry for the paraphrase.
Hey, thanks for writing back. Out of curiosity, do you mean they lasted 10 minutes before dropping to low? Or do you mean they lasted 10 minutes then the light shut off completely?

The included batteries unfortunately have a reputation for being defective. :-( Wasn't sure if they had fixed that with the v2.

I tested with both Maha 2700's, and also some Rayovac Low Discharge batteries I still had. The Rayovacs all tested between 2,000-2,150 mah on my charger.

Phillips Saferide v2 - Powerex 2700 (in-light charging)
High: 1:53
Low: 3:12
Off: 3:55

I'm hesitant to post my rayovac times because I found that my Lacrosse battery charger is...not up to snuff. The batteries last longer when charged in the light than they do with the charger on charge/refresh. (!@#!@#). When I tested them I got High: 1:14, Low: 2:50, Off: 2:59, BUT - like I said, that may be a fault of the external charger. All my best runtimes came from charging batteries in-light, and I haven't gotten around to doing that with the Rayovacs.

My recommendation for batteries right now would be the Rayovac/Eneloop High Capacity (2550mAh type, 2450mAh min, Ni-MH High Capacity pre-charged rechargeable battery) -
Amazon.com: Panasonic BK-3HCCA4BA eneloop pro AA High Capacity New Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries, 4 Pack: Electronics

They seem to be the highest quality, and work better in the cold than previous nimh chemistries. That's what I would go with.