Old 11-03-14, 01:28 PM
Billy k

Bikes: Specialized Hybrid, Fuji 1.3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got a flat last weekend story

Well I headed out for a long ride and 2 miles from home I get a flat. I start to work on a fix. find 2 holes wow any ways I patch them ,during this time several groups of road bikers pass or blow by me.then a solo rider rides by ask if I am ok . I say no. He wheels around to see what is up. I say I patched two holes and used up my co2 and can not get the tire to inflate.he takes his pump off his bike pumps the tube only to find several small holes.I have no spare . He gives me his road bike spare a skinny little thing. It blows up the tire enough to get me home.I offer him 20 bucks for his tube and he tells me someone helped him out the week before and that I should pay it up the road.we shake hands and we ride off in different directions into the sunset.i want to say here in Marin county there are so many self centered riders like I said several Groups of riders pass me but this one guy stops.God Bless you masked man there Re still a few nice bike riders out there being of service. He restored my jaded view of humanity.
I now carry a spare tube and pump incase the co2 runs out .just wanted to share the story and say thank you buddy who ever you are. ( could have been an angel)
Oh I am a new rider 2 months now 65 year old disabled Vietnam Vet trying to stay fit. I got a 100% knee replacement last Feb.